Verne's Blog from India (August 2005)

Verne from the WBFJ Morning Show went on a Missions Awareness trip with to Chennai, India with Compassion International. To sponsor a child through Compassion International...go to www.wbfj.fm

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Taipei, Taiwan

Early Saturday...
1am Pacific (4pm eastern)
We just boarded a Boeing 777 "Jubilee" (Singapore Air) bound Los Angeles to Taipei, Taiwan. An estimated 14 hours in the air! This is my longest flight ever in my life. I do have a peace about it, though.

9am ( Pacific time) Somewhere over the Pacific Ocean. I estimate that we are half way there to Taipei. I slept for the first half of this part of the trip. The plane hit some turbalance but most of the flight was very smooth.
Hats off to the crew of Singapore Air! They 'Rock'.
A Verne 'Find': All the seats on this particular flight have like 3 x 4" screens on all of the backs of seats! And you can 'menu up' your own items to listen to or to watch! I found a destination tracker...where we could track our particular flight and specific readings! Sure made the time go by faster! Kinda like watching the Weather Channel or paint dry! :)

Philippians 4:12 "I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation..."

Taipei is north of the Philipines and south of Japan. We spent 2 hours in the airport. I had a chance with the 12 hour time difference to chat with Honest John Hill live at 5pm Friday afternoon on WBFJ!
Since it was 5am Saturday morning at the Taipei airport...there were no food places open :(
Off we go...bound for Singapore!