Verne's Blog from India (August 2005)

Verne from the WBFJ Morning Show went on a Missions Awareness trip with to Chennai, India with Compassion International. To sponsor a child through Compassion International...go to www.wbfj.fm

Friday, August 26, 2005

It's Not The End...

Reflections from half way around the globe...Mission India:
What an experience!
Seems like yesterday that I flew out of Greensboro. But that was 8 days ago!
So many tales to tell...so little space on the Blog. I hope you have enjoyed 'virturally' coming with me on my missions awareness trip to Chennai, TamilNadu, India with Compassion International.

It's not the end...
The biggest thing that I have learned: there is a whole new, and exciting world outside my doorstep. This was my first official 'Missions' trip out of the USA. I was told by several people that my family's vacation to St Thomas, the Virgin Islands last November was NOT an official missions trip!
My world is full of family and friends. And now, I have many, many more friends who seem like family. The staff at the Compassion headquarters: Silas , Franklin and especially Helen and Esther. You both are amazingly beautiful individuals being used by God in a might way in Chennai! The 'Team' including: John Michael, Lisa, Tracy, Tharren, Angela, Don, Tracey and Aaron...keep broadcasting for Jesus! Mark with Compassion. You surely are a man with a mission (and don't call me Shirley?) The pastors, directors, coordinators and facilators who help run or manage projects in and around Chennai...may God continue to Bless you! And to Rohda, JP, Sheeba, Sharon, Mani, James and hundreds of other Compassion sponsored boys and girls (you know I'm bad with names!) ...there is now hope for you, my special young friends from India! On earth that Hope is called Compassion International. A Christian organization with a mission of "releasing children from poverty, in Jesus' name."
"Speaking for those who can not speak for themselves...
helping those in need" Proverbs 31:8-9


It's not the end.
For you, it could be just the beginning!
The beginning of giving hope to the hopeless. Life to the lifeless.
Please just consider sponsoring a child through Compassion International.
About a dollar a day...that's all. To feed, cloth, educate and expose the scriptures to a child.
Thousands are waiting right now. Millions of children could be saved in His name!


As I was praying the other day, the Lord placed this thought on my heart. I was telling Him that I really couldn't financially afford to sponsor a child (through Compassion). The next thought in my head was "you can't afford NOT to sponsor a child!"


Well, it's almost the end...of my visit to India :)
Thanks again for your prayers.
I fly out of Chennai late Friday. Then to Singapore, Tokyo,
Los Angeles, Cincinniti...then home!


"If we don't get a chance to meet in India again...we will meet one day in Heaven"
quote from the pastor at Project IN-548 in Chengalpattu. Wednesday visit.